Wednesday, May 19, 2010

'Inspiration From Fellow Writers'

It is amazing how a simple assignment can inspire, even inform us in ways we didn't expect.
I am encouraged by the information I have obtained from listening to my fellow writers/students.

We have all been busy collaborating in little groups to put forward presentations about writing in some form. There have been so many different subjects but they all have something in common.

The parallels I experienced was the knowledge that there is so many ways to get your writing out into the world. Subjects from Poetry, Travel, Zines, Music, and of course your novels.

I have been inspired to get out there and develop my writing, networking and submission skills.

Clearly there is something said for cooperative team work. It is a rich, textured environment to throw ideas out there and it is the support and advice that is invaluable.

We will have more ideas placed in front of us in the next few weeks and I am looking forward to some more new ideas being presented.

It is the kinship of writers that I enjoy the most. Helping each other to succeed!

It is certainly a moral boost considering being a writer can be a lonely existence at times.

Returning to education after an extended break is empowering for the writer in me. It gives me a chance to brush up on my craft and to make new acquaintances.

Not to mention learn something I don't know!

I will get out there and tweak my writing and send it out into the world.

"There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons" - quote by Dennis Waitley

2 comments:

  1. Very true! Talking to other writers is great because the opportunity is there to encourage them on their ventures and to be encouraged by them.
    It is a very important part of writing.

    ReplyDelete