Monday, January 24, 2011

'Preparation Is The Key'

My mind is running with ideas for a class assessment beginning this year. I have the overall concept ready but I am keen to get stuck into the practice and writing involved in bringing this project together.

My preparation skills have kicked in and I am frantically piecing together the bits of research needed to get started; come the start of semester one.
I will need a lot of ideas and alot of research items; which at times I have found difficult.

It is clear that I have been extremely lazy this holiday break; let's reflect: I have read a chapter of one book; I have written one short story; I've entered one competition; I have purchased a prop of sorts for my project and I have put together some research. Although it sounds like alot, it really sums up my inability to get motivated.

I hope that when classes return I can get straight back into a routine. I do believe that preparation is the key to success. Maybe by the end of this year I will have prepared myself for some interesting but productive writing.

I need to learn to bridge the gap between lazy holiday experiences and prepared and productive writing!

Oh well! Two weeks to go and atleast I have started preparing!

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one lacking motivation, Nicole. I've done a bit of this and a bit of that, but not enough of anything. In an attempt to get ahead, I started reading 'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' yesterday. Tough going, I think. Despite that, I am looking forward to going back to school. I'm shocked to find out I kind of miss it!

    And congratulations on entering a competition! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is kind of a shock when you realise you have missed going to classes! I have found the holidays to be too long! Maybe that is why I feel like I have been lazy! Anyway I'll use that as my excuse!

    ReplyDelete