Monday, January 10, 2011

'A New Year of Writing'

It is upon me to embark on another year of studies and most of all another year of developing my writing skills. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty this year; pushing my pen to the limit and rescuing those tid bits from my brain that can be the starting of a great story.

What's in store; I haven't a clue! I will however try to do my best and hopefully come out of it with some good results.

I heard a young writer say once that she treats her writing as a job; my New Years resolution is to do just that! I want to spend as much time creating as possible and I hope that I can juggle all the study as well.

If I proceed with this concept, I will have to work at my writing everyday. This is going to mean a lot of sacrifice. My family will have to get used to the added noise of my keyboard as I try to put into practice this philosophy.

It has been hard to get into a rhythm over the break, but I am hoping to conquer my demons and proceed with vigour. Look out! Triumphant I will be!

Norman Vincent Peale (American Writer and Minister-1898-1993)once said:
'All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he (or she) knows where he (or she) wants to go and what he (or she) wants to be or do'

2 comments:

  1. -I've been doing a self-set reading program over the break-a few classics and a couple of books about writing itself and also a long tome by Amos Oz -a memoir titled 'tale of love and darkness'-it is actually one of those books that has expanded my world.
    I also set myself goals of journal writing-still only twice a week-sigh!. I came up with three ideas for short stories and have written one.( I still have three weeks.) Learning to write every day is a challenge.
    All the best for the new year. I haven't enrolled at SMB yet. I have to see Irene this week so don't know what my choices will be. see you round-perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle, Yes it is a challenge to write everyday. I am determined to try and keep motivated; as you said there is only three weeks to go till we are back into it! Sounds like you have conquered your routine; something for me to think about!

    ReplyDelete