Thursday, February 26, 2015

Tweaking My Attitude

What can I say to those friends who took the time to follow my blog. It isn't a blog or at least it hasn't been a blog, instead it is some random girl who pops up every year and rambles on for several paragraphs. Guess what I am doing it again. I am sorry! I have neglected my duties as a blogger and have now decided to pull up my boots and get cracking. I have several reasons for not blogging but I am sure you do not want to hear them Or do you?

1: Laziness seems to creep up on you when you least expect it.
2: Laziness seems to creep up on you when you least expect it. Oh! I have already said that. Well it is true, I have neglected you all because I simply could not be bothered writing anything for what has been a year. I have officially lost my will to write and I do not know how to get it back.

Writing websites claim that you have to keep forcing yourself to write anything, even if it is only a sentence a day. Well I am starting to think they are right because it is like anything, if you do not practise you lose the ability to do it.

You are probably wondering why it is has taken me so long to recognise that I have been my own worst enemy. It is simple:  The ability to deny. Yes I have denied that I have a serious problem with procrastination. I think my internal dialogue is faulty and for that reason I am making it my excuse.

University taught me a lot BUT not exactly what I needed it to. It taught me to be organised. I have always been organised so that wasn't a hard lesson to learn. It taught me to research. Yes I can do that. It taught me to be proactive in my own goals. Well that says it all doesn't it? I haven't been proactive because I just haven't. I somehow lost my way and I hope that you all can help me get right back on the path or should I say on the horse.

So, on a positive note I have decided that it is time to stop wallowing in my own self-pity and write something for me, NOT for you or the reader (as they are always telling us) but for me. For my sanity because if I do not do this, I will be forever angry at myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment