Wednesday, October 12, 2011

'Tweaking and Printing'

Writing to me has always been fun and infectious. What I have found in trying to complete my assessments for Uni is that sometimes writing becomes a chore. I am not completely satisfied with how my writing is progressing and I think when I do write something worth my own praise, it needs tweaking so much that I become disheartened by the process.
Knowing the way in which I work at my best, printing is my only answer! I must print the piece of writing (Draft 1), go over it with a fine tooth comb; edit all the mistakes; rewrite it again (draft 2); go over it again and hopefully not find any corrections, but if I do I must go through the whole process again.

I know that all writers do this, but I really find it difficult to separate my Uni assessments with my own writing. My novel has been put on the 'to do pile' and I now am delving into the assessment pile of the work that needs to be finished within six weeks.

I have come to realise that to even come close to getting everything done, I will have to grow another pair of arms; never sleep; type at a hundred miles an hour; wear a grazing bag (like horses) and somehow have toilet breaks (don't want think about how or what to use).

What I do know is that I need to stop stressing and concentrate on one thing at a time and hope that when the semester is over I will have completed what is important; what needs to be done and maybe just maybe, I may have become this 'superwriter' (sounds like a superhero) that I have always wanted to be.

In the meantime I will keep chipping away at the overgrown list of assessments!

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment