Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'Trust The Good Writer In You'

Writing analytically compared to writing creatively, has deemed a much harder task than I first thought. I am doing well, but trusting my analytical skills and my developed arguments, is much more perplexing.

Studying Film and Literature is fun and exciting, informative and useful for the evolution of my writing. I am unsure at times, if the little voice inside my head is a hindrance or that it keeps me grounded and determined to do well. Do all you writers out there feel the same or is it just me?

I find it very difficult to trust the good writer in me and progress past the doubt. Again I think this comes back to taking a complement and running with it. Finding my inner opinions and pushing them to the front of my essay writing is a skill I will need to improve on. I usually rely on the experts to back up my opinion; instead I must use them to only emphasise my argument.

What do you all think? Is 'trusting the good writer in you' a skill we are supposed to already possess or is it a learned skill?

Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993) once wrote:
'Plan your work and work your plan'

No comments:

Post a Comment